Gemporia Craft Limited trading as JewelleryMaker (registered in England and Wales CRN 12268335) whose trading address is Unit 2D, Eagle Road, Redditch, B98 9HF, United Kingdom, and whose registered office is at Unit 2D, Eagle Road, Redditch, B989HF, Worcestershire, United Kingdom.
Please read the JewelleryMaker Privacy Notice carefully to understand how we use your personal data. The JewelleryMaker Privacy Notice defines the basis for processing any personal data you provide to us, or we collect from you when you use our website or make an enquiry with us.
ICO Registration Number: ZA565979 – registered under Gemporia Craft Limited, Unit 2D Eagle Road, Moons Moat, North Industrial Estate, Redditch, Worcestershire, B98 9HF.
Gemporia Craft is the registered controller for the purpose of the Data Protection Act and the GDPR. This website privacy notice describes how the controller protects and makes use of the information you give to us when you use this website.
This policy is updated from time to time. The latest version is published on this page.
You can browse the Site or Apps without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information to our servers located in the United Kingdom. Where sensitive data is stored, it is held in an encrypted form, only readable by programs that are themselves protected by password and by access point. As a JewelleryMaker member or as a visitor to the site we collect information about you, in order to:
- Respond to general enquiries,
- Provide information relating to your account
- Communicate with you about events and promotions
- Register your interests to attend our events
- Keep you updated with changes to related regulations
- Collect information via our website to better understand how visitors use it
- Inviting you to participate in research studies and/or market research activities with your prior consent
You can register as a member at no cost or obligation to you. Registering as a member requires you to enter an email address and password ("Membership Information"). When you become a member, we assign you a Member Number and store the date of membership. On the membership form, you may opt out of receiving any newsletters that we may send. If you do not opt out when joining, we will send newsletters to you as they are created. On each newsletter, you will be given the facility to opt out of receiving future newsletters. This information is made available to our Operational and Marketing staff. Note that all of your activities on the Site will be traceable to your Member Number.
What data we gather
To ensure we are able to respond to our members, we will collect the following personal information, please note that this is not an exhaustive list:
- Email address, physical contact information;
- Credit/debit card information;
- Transactional information and bank details based on your activities on the Site or Apps - such as bidding, buying and content you generate or that relates to your account;
- Delivery, billing and other information you provide to purchase or deliver an item;
- Community discussions, chats, dispute resolution, correspondence through the Site, and correspondence sent to us;
- Computer sign-on data, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Site, and ad data; and
- Other information, including your IP address, Browser, Operating System, Domain Name and Time and other standard web log information.
How we use this data
Below is a list of all the ways that we may use your personal information, and specific reasons we rely on to use this information.
Use of your personal information
- To manage our relationship with you
- To develop new ways to understand our customers’ requirements
- To provide advice or guidance about our products and services
- Your consent
- Fulfilling contracts
- Our legitimate interests
- To manage how we work with other companies that provide services to us and our customers.
- Fulfilling contracts
- Our legitimate interests
- To deliver our products and services
- To make and manage customer payments
- To manage credit on customer accounts
- To collect and recover money that is owed to us
- Fulfilling contracts
- Our legitimate interests
- To exercise our rights set out in our terms and conditions
Marketing to you
At JewelleryMaker, we want our customers to know about our exciting products, services and offers that we think you would be interested in, which we call ‘marketing’.
We can do this by looking at your purchase history and personal information to see which products, services and offers you might be particularly interested in, which is also known as ‘profiling’ for marketing purposes. You have the right to ask us to stop marketing to you at any time. If you have a preference to receiving marketing through the post or via email, please let us know.
We only market to you if you have given your consent, or if there is a ‘legitimate interest’. Marketing to you under legitimate interest will mean that we have established that there is a commercial or business reason to market to you which must be fair to you, so we can’t just send you any marketing material.
If you do not want us to collect or process personal data from our websites or mobile apps, you have the right to prevent future processing.
As standard, we will contact you to confirm your choices regarding the use of your personal data in line with changes in the regulation, law, or business changes and we have a specific set of marketing preferences in your JewelleryMaker account that you can update at any time.
Surveys, questionnaires & competition entries
From time to time, we may invite you to take part in Surveys, Questionnaires or a Competition. These will obviously take different forms, but will all involve the capture of answers and other personal information - typically name and email address. Competition entries will be made available to our Operational staff so that winners may be selected. Other information will be made available in summary form to our Operational and Marketing staff. Such information may be made available to business partners, particularly where a third party is organising or sponsoring the event. If this is the case, you will be made aware of the arrangement and in what form your data is to be passed on.
When entering into a sales transaction we require, in addition to the Membership Information, certain contact information. This extends your membership record to include your Name, Address and Telephone Number.
When goods are to be delivered, we need to have delivery details, so we will require you to provide a Delivery Name, Address and Telephone Number. This information may also be shared with any courier company that we may use for the delivery of the goods.
Credit/debit card information
When paying for goods or services via credit card, we require you to enter your credit card number, expiration date, card type (MasterCard, Visa, etc.), card holder name and card security code. This information is entered directly on to a page hosted by our credit card payment processing provider, a PCI DSS Level 1 certified facility, who store these details in encrypted format and provide us with a 'token' that we store and use to refer to the card for transactional purposes. They also provide us with the first six and last four digits of the card number, the card holder name, and the expiration date which we store to assist in identifying which card you wish to use in the future. We do not store the full credit card number at any time. Due to our use of the 'token' system, card information does not need to be made available to our Operational staff and it is not possible for any of our staff to obtain full credit card information.
When you place an order, we will keep a record of the type(s) of item(s) purchased, the quantity, pricing information and any delivery cost. For analysis purposes, we also store the date the order was placed and the date it was shipped. This information may be made available in summary, non-specific form to any of our business partners by way of analysis or the payment of royalties and/or licenses in the supply of such goods. At the end of placing the order, we may ask you to enter certain simple items of marketing information to help us develop our business. You may elect to not enter this information.
Our primary purposes in collecting personal information are to allow for payment by credit or debit card while providing you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customised experience. You agree that we may use your personal information to:
- Provide the services and customer support you request;
- Resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our Terms and Conditions of Sale and policies;
- Customise, measure, and improve our services and the Site's content and layout;
- Tell you about targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences; and
- Compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties
Who We Share Your Personal Information With
JewelleryMaker may need to share your information with other organisations:
- Members of our corporate family to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and provide joint services (our corporate affiliates will market only to users who request these services);
- Service providers under contract who help with our business operations, such as fraud investigations, bill collection, order fulfilment, shipping, affiliate and rewards programs and co-branded credit cards;
- Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service;
- Law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity - in which cases we will disclose name, city, telephone number, email address, User ID history, fraud complaints and bidding history; and If we legally segregate some or all of our business, your information may be transferred with the segregated business.
We may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone's rights, property or safety.
Controlling information about you
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless the law requires us to.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the Data Protection Legislation.
Where do we store your data?
JewelleryMaker do not transfer your personal information outside of the EEA. If we are ever required to send your personal information outside of the EEA it would be for the following reasons:
- Comply with a legal duty.
Access to your information
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some, or all of your personal information please contact us via the details provided in the ‘contact us’ section.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
How to Get a Copy of Your Personal Information
You can access the personal information we hold by writing to us at this address: writing to us at [email protected] or Customer Services at JewelleryMaker, Unit 2D, Eagle Road, Redditch, B98 9HF.
If You Think Your Personal Data Is Incorrect?
If you think we may have information about you that is incorrect or wrong, you have the right to question and raise this with us. Please contact us if you want to do this, we will take reasonable steps to check its accuracy and correct it.
Your Rights to Stop Us Using Your Personal Information?
We may need to keep your data for legal or official reasons but you can inform us if you think that we shouldn’t be using it. You can object to us using your data or to have it deleted and removed if you think there is no reason for us to have it. This is now recognised as the ‘right to object’, the ‘right to erasure’ or the ‘right to be forgotten’.
We can sometimes limit the use of your data. This will mean that your data will only be used for specific things like legal rights and legal reasons. In this case, we will not use or share your information in additional ways while it is restricted.
You have the right to ask for your personal data to be restricted if you think:
- It is not correct.
- It you think it has been used unlawfully, but you do not want it deleted.
- It is no longer relevant, but you want us to keep it for a legal claim.
- You are waiting for us to confirm if we are allowed to keep on using it but you have already asked us to stop using your data.
If you want us to stop using your personal data for any of the above cases, please contact us.
How You Can Withdraw Your Consent
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time so please let us know if you wish to withdraw consent. It may not always be possible to provide certain products or services to you if you do but we can confirm this with you.
Formats for Sharing Data
From the 25th of May 2018, you have the right to obtain your personal information from us in a format that can be easily re-used or ask us to pass on your personal information in this format to other organisations.
We will not keep your information for longer than is necessary however there are some situations where some information may be retained for in line with legal and regulatory requirements or guidance.
We use "cookies" (small files placed on your hard drive) on certain pages of the Site to reference information stored on our server, such as member details and any preferences, in order to improve your browsing experience. Cookies are also used to track user's behaviour on our Site for analysis purposes, so that we may work towards offering a better service to our customers. Third party referrals to our Site, from either their web site, from a dedicated link elsewhere, or from a printed URL are recorded using a cookie, which enables us to pay any commissions due to the referrer for your visit to our Site. Cookies are stored in the server logs and their contents are stored in the Site's database. Browsing behaviour, in anonymous form, may be made available to our Marketing and Operational staff and may be relayed to any business party in the interests of improving our services. We do not profile individual customers using cookies.
A few important things you should know about cookies are that:
- Most cookies are "session cookies," meaning that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive at the end of a session;
- You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of the Site; and
- In the event that we host any third party content on this website, you may encounter cookies from third parties on certain pages of this website that we do not control.
However, please note that doing this may affect how our website functions. Some pages and services may become unavailable to you.
To unsubscribe from our mailing list simply click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our marketing emails and you will be opted out of all email communications.
Your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters, and special characters and do not disclose your password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify us and change your password.
Accessing, reviewing and changing your personal information
You can see, review and change most of your personal information by logging into the Site. Generally, we will not manually modify your personal information because it is very difficult to verify your identity remotely. You must promptly update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate. Should you so wish, and upon your request, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable law. We do retain personal information from closed accounts in order to comply with law, prevent fraud, collect any monies owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, and take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
We take the issue of security very seriously. We have established security measures throughout our Site as a way to protect our information and facilities, and in so doing we protect your information. Where personal information is entered on and transmitted to our Site, this is done using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL or https) encryption technology. All of our operational and administration facilities have tightly restricted access to protect your privacy. Access to these facilities is only available over a Virtual Private Network which uses high levels of access restriction and encryption. In addition to this, sensitive information is stored in an encrypted form. Our employees are aware of their responsibility to protect your personal information.
While we treat data as an asset that must be protected and use many tools (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure, there is a possibility that third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications.
Linking to other web sites
Accuracy of our Site
We make every effort to ensure the accuracy of our Site, both in its operation and its content. If you discover any errors or omissions, please email the details to: [email protected]
How to Make a Complaint
If you are unhappy or unsatisfied with why and how we have used your personal data, you can contact us by sending an e-mail to [email protected] or by writing to us at this address:
If you are unhappy with our response, you can contact the office or the Information Commissioner at:
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 0303 123 1113